Last Updated on
There are plenty of ecommerce marketing options that businesses can focus on. Also, when a combination of marketing tactics and strategies are executed right, it can completely change the business.
An ecommerce marketing strategy aims to create brand awareness, find new leads, retain existing customers and increase sales. Digital strategies differ and there is no one-size-fits-all solution, however, when ecommerce marketing options are discussed the top choices are:
Top ecommerce marketing options
Content marketing refers to a strategy of creating online materials to attract targets. Some of the most common examples of content marketing are blog posting, video creating, infographics, images, GIFs and more. Typically, it is not used for selling products directly, but as a way to educate leads, cultivate thought leadership and increase brand awareness.
It is one of the best ecommerce marketing options because of the advantages that content marketing can provide for any business.
- Improve brand reputation – Great content can help you build trust because as customers read through your content, they develop an opinion of your brand. If the content that they find is educational, engaging and valuable, then they will start to consider the same judgement about your business.
- Content helps influence conversions – According to the Content Marketing Statistics 2017 by Curata, “74% of businesses say that content marketing has helped increased their marketing leads, both in quality and quantity.” Content marketing helps in achieving better conversions because it lets you educate your leads which keeps you constantly connected.
- Optimized content helps improve SEO – Content plays a huge role in improving search engine optimization (SEO). Content creation is one of the most effective SEO strategies. Since search engines like Google index by reviewing the content on your website.
One of the most powerful and also underrated ecommerce marketing options strategy is referral marketing. It is also known as word-of-mouth marketing. This strategy is considered a win-win-win situation, you get recommended for free and your existing customer gets social validation from family and friends. Furthermore, his friend gets a recommendation from a source that they trust.
Referral marketing is so powerful because humans are social creatures by nature – and sharing with others is a deeply ingrained trait every person has. According to the Global Trust In Advertising and Brand Messages report by Nielsen, “92% of customers will trust a recommendation from people they know.”
According to the Share of the offline population of the United States from 2000 to 2019 report by Statista. “Only 10% of US adults do not use the Internet.” Given this huge number of Internet dependence, email marketing is the most effective way to reach out and engage an audience. When implemented the right way, email marketing will enable businesses of all sizes to reach their target market.
Another important benefit of email marketing is personalisation. It allows you to tailor messages based on customer actions. Additionally, it also allows you to segment your audiences so that the perfect leads are receiving information that has the most impact at the most effective times. To remain competitive in the digital marketplace, your brand should start using a solid email marketing strategy to reach out to audiences.
Social media marketing
Social Media Marketing, or SMM, is all about producing and sharing content on social media platforms the aim is to achieve marketing goals.
According to the Social Media Use 2018 report by Pew Research Center, 68% of adult Americans are Facebook users. Additionally, 78% of young adults 18 to 24-year-olds use Instagram and 45% are using Twitter. Having access to all these customers can help boost traffic, particularly for new site content. The traffic that social media marketing can be dramatic.
- Boost website SEO – Search engines know which website is earning traffic and what are just floating out there. While content marketing is the most important aspect of search engine ranking, driving traffic to your web pages will help get better results.
- Improve brand awareness – Customers buy from brands that they are familiar with and trust. Using social media marketing is the quickest and easiest way for brands to reach out to customers.
- Improve brand loyalty – Developing brand loyalty should be part of any business’s marketing strategy. Social media enables your brand to interact with your customers in a direct and personal way. Using social media to communicate with customers is also helpful in resolving issues quickly.
Influencer Marketing is a cross of new and marketing tools. It takes the idea of a typical celebrity endorsement and placing it into the modern-day content creation campaign. The main difference is that the results of this strategy lie in the collaborations between influencers and brands.
Influencers can be anywhere and anyone. What makes them so effective is that they an existing pool of targeted followers. For example, fashion influencers are the best people to promote clothing, skincare and healthy living. While gaming influencers are the best to promote software, hardware and gears.
Affiliate marketing is all about connecting with other websites to endorse your products or services for you. You enter an affiliate relationship with the website and track links. Affiliate marketing is a unique strategic move that can help increase sales. It is also great in connecting with clients that you may not reach otherwise.
This type of ecommerce marketing option is fast becoming one of the most effective ways for online stores to acquire new customers.
Paid social marketing advertising
According to the Daily time spent on social networking for 2012 – 2018 report by Statista, “An average person spends 135 minutes every day using social networks.” Unfortunately, organic reach is declining across most social media platforms, which gives paid ads a critical role in forming brand awareness.
- Amplify Your Reach – Advertising on social media enables instant visibility. Paid advertisements get guaranteed placement on the user’s feed this gives your brand direct window to pull leads.
- Save on costs – Using paid social media ads is an affordable way to promote your brand. Most platforms use the pay-per-click (PPC) payment model. Meaning you only need to pay if the user does the action you want. This is a major improvement from traditional marketing since it lets you engage with niche audiences at a discount. Furthermore, after a few advertisement cycles, you can also refine your targets to achieve better ROI.
- Get qualified targets – Paid advertising on social media gives you total control over who can see your ad. Different social media platforms feature a surplus of targeting parameters. For example, beyond basic demographics, you can choose from other factors like interests, personality types, hobbies and more.
This digital marketing strategy that allows marketers to serve ads to users who have previously visited their website or a specific page on the site. It can also be directed to those who have or have not yet taken any action. It is one of the most effective ways to target consumers who have already shown some interest in the brand.
Retargeting (remarketing) is a second chance to convert, cross-sell, up-sell or retain customers. You can retarget customers in different ways, as well as, in different ad platforms, like on Google ads or social media ads.
An advertising pixel can be set up to cookie (track) a website visitor. Whenever they visit other websites on the Internet, you can send them follow-up ads on those sites to lure them back in. Most retargeting pixels work the same. By putting a tracking code (pixel) on your website, you will be able to “track” how your customers behave online.
Facebook Retargeting Pixel
The Facebook Pixel is a snippet of code that you can add to the back end of your site. Just like other tags, it allows brands to decode key metrics generated by a specific platform. Facebook Pixel helps brands that use a Facebook page to know and improve their ROI from Facebook.
Aside from the typical retargeting, Facebook Pixel has numerous benefits when added to a website.
- Conversion tracking – allows you to see how people interact with your website across different devices after viewing your Facebook ad.
- Create lookalike audiences – help you build a lookalike audience putting together people with similar interests, opinions and demographics to those who have already interacted with your website. This can help expand your leads.
Social media contest
Using social media contests are an amazing solution to gaining attention online. It is a creative way to increase website traffic volume and encourages fun customer experience. When done properly you are set to reap numerous benefits from social media contests.
Social media contests are an excellent way to build a community. Contestants often love recommending contests to friends and family. Which gives your brand advantage if you are looking to expand your followers.
Press Releases for Ecommerce
Press releases can help your business earn media coverage within your community and across the Internet. Using a professionally written press release can help gain coverage in trade publications, news outlets, industry-specific journals, influential blogs and other targeted publications.
A well-executed press release is a cost-effective marketing and public relations tool. And it can be most beneficial for startup brands or for ecommerce stores who are looking to grow their small business. Some of the best benefits of press releases are:
Improve customer relationship – Press releases grant your brand control over your news making it one of the best ecommerce marketing options to incorporate. It is an effective way to articulate stories that are important to your brand, share the intentions behind a specific service, explain product values and respond to claims about a product or service.
Proactive reputation management – Consumer alert release is a form of PR that releases information to the public in a professional manner. Alerts like safety concerns, product recalls, security breaches and more can help defuse potential crises.